Janssen CarePath can:
- Review your health plan benefits to help answer questions you may have about insurance coverage for VELETRI®
- Identify options that may help make VELETRI® more affordable, if needed
- Identify and coordinate with a specialty pharmacy to arrange shipment of your Janssen medication
Getting Started with VELETRI®
VELETRI® is delivered by a specialty pharmacy—it's not something that's kept in stock at your local retail pharmacy. The following is a typical process when starting out with VELETRI®, though your experience may vary.
Your doctor selects VELETRI® as your new treatment.
- Your healthcare team completes all the forms necessary to start you on the Janssen medicine
The insurance company may ask your healthcare provider for additional information before they pay for your medicine.
- The specialty pharmacy will contact you or your healthcare team if they need more information
Your healthcare team will start your first treatment in a hospital.
Delivery of medicine
VELETRI® is shipped to you by a specialty pharmacy.
- A Janssen CarePath Care Coordinator will help you connect with a specialty pharmacy that delivers VELETRI® in your area
- Each month, the specialty pharmacy will call you to confirm details of the delivery and arrange your refill.
- The shipment is usually quick, but the process leading up to your first delivery could take more than 2 weeks
- Before shipping, the specialty pharmacy will call you to confirm some details, including the shipment date. Be sure to answer, or call the specialty pharmacy back if they leave a message
Remember, the call from your specialty pharmacy may come from a phone number that you don't know. If you miss the call, it's important that you call back.
Once your doctor verifies your prescription, the specialty pharmacy will ship your refill.
Working With a Specialty Pharmacy
We understand that it is important for you to get your medicine in a timely manner. After you enroll with Janssen CarePath, you will get a call to walk you through the process and discuss medicine delivery. Here are the basic steps you will need to take to fill your VELETRI® prescription.
Steps of the specialty pharmacy process
Learn about specialty pharmacies.
Certain medicines, such as VELETRI®, aren't kept at your local retail pharmacy. Instead, a specialty pharmacy will ship VELETRI® directly to your home.
Schedule the delivery.
The specialty pharmacy will call you before shipping the medicine to make sure you will be at home when it arrives.
Check in monthly.
Each month, the specialty pharmacy will call you to confirm details of the delivery and arrange your refill.
NOTE: The specialty pharmacy may not ship your medicine if they don't speak with you first. Be sure to answer when they call and call them back if they leave a message.
If your health plan does not approve VELETRI® treatment
Sometimes you may not be able to obtain the medication that your doctor has ordered for you. For example, your health plan might not cover the medication because it is not on the plan’s drug list (formulary) or the cost is higher than you think you should have to pay. In these situations, you and your doctor have the right to ask the health plan to explain its decision and to consider making the medication available to you as an exception to its policies.