Janssen CarePath provides the additional support you may need to help you get started with PREZCOBIX® treatment, once your doctor has prescribed it for you. You can call a Janssen CarePath Coordinator at 877-CarePath (877-227-3728) or set up a personal Janssen CarePath Account by clicking here.
Your Janssen CarePath Care Coordinator can:
- Review your health plan benefits to help answer questions you may have about insurance coverage for PREZCOBIX®
- Identify options that may help make PREZCOBIX® more affordable, if needed
- Review available services and help you choose the services that may best meet your needs
- Provide treatment education support. We also invite you to learn more at Prezcobix.com.
If you have any questions, please call Janssen CarePath at 877-CarePath (877-227-3728) Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM ET.
Get started with a Janssen CarePath Account
Sign Up or Log In to your personal Janssen CarePath Account so you can learn about your insurance coverage for PREZCOBIX® and find support to help you stay on track with your Janssen medication. Within your account you can:
- Link your account to your prescriber
- Request a benefits investigation
- See the results of your benefits investigation to understand your insurance coverage
- Learn about treatment support programs
Learn more about your PREZCOBIX® treatment at Prezcobix.com.
Help if Your Insurance Plan Does Not Approve PREZCOBIX® Treatment
Sometimes you may not be able to obtain the medication that your doctor has ordered for you. For example, your insurance plan might not cover the medication because it is not on the plan’s drug list (formulary) or the cost is higher than you think you should have to pay. In these situations, you and your doctor have the right to ask the insurance plan to explain its decision and to consider making the medication available to you as an exception to its policies.
Click here for the guide “How to Request an Exception or Appeal a Decision From Your Prescription Drug Plan.”
PREZCOBIX® is a prescription HIV-1 (Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1) medicine always used with other antiretroviral medicines to treat HIV-1 infection in adults. HIV is the virus that causes AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). PREZCOBIX® contains prescription medicines PREZISTA® (darunavir) and TYBOST® (cobicistat). PREZCOBIX® does not cure HIV-1 infection or AIDS. You must keep taking HIV-1 medicines to control HIV-1 infection and decrease HIV-related illnesses. PREZCOBIX® should be taken once daily with food.
What is the most important information I should know about PREZCOBIX®?
PREZCOBIX® may cause liver problems which may be life-threatening. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have any symptoms such as:
- Dark (tea-colored) urine
- Yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes
- Pale-colored stools (bowel movements)
- Pain or tenderness on your right side below your ribs
- Loss of appetite
PREZCOBIX® may cause severe or life-threatening skin reactions or rashes. Stop taking PREZCOBIX® and call your healthcare provider right away if you develop any skin changes with symptoms below:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Blisters or skin lesions
- Mouth sores or ulcers
- Red or inflamed eyes, like "pink eye" (conjunctivitis)
- PREZCOBIX®, when taken with some other medications, can cause new or worse kidney problems, including kidney failure.
Who should not take PREZCOBIX®?
- Do not take PREZCOBIX® with any of the following medicines: alfuzosin (Uroxatral®), carbamazepine (Carbatrol®, Epitol®, Equetro®, Tegretol®, Tegretol-XR®, Teril®), cisapride (Propulsid®), colchicine (Colcrys®, Mitigare®, if you have liver or kidney problems), dronedarone (Multaq®), elbasvir and grazoprevir (Zepatier®), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E.45®, Migranal®), ergotamine tartrate (Cafergot®, Ergomar®, Ergostat®, Medihaler®, Migergot®, Wigraine®, Wigrettes®), methylergonovine (Methergine®), lovastatin or a product that contains lovastatin (Altoprev®, Advicor®, Mevacor®), lurasidone (Latuda®), oral midazolam (Versed®), phenobarbital (Luminal®), phenytoin (Dilantin®, Dilantin-125®, Phenytek®), pimozide (Orap®), ranolazine (Ranexa®), rifampin (Rifadin®, Rifater®, Rifamate®, Rimactane®), sildenafil (Revatio®) when used for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), simvastatin or a product that contains simvastatin (Simcor®, Vytorin®, Zocor®), St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) or a product that contains St. John’s Wort, or triazolam (Halcion®).
- Serious problems can happen if you take any of these medicines with PREZCOBIX®.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking PREZCOBIX®?
Tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have liver problems, including hepatitis B or hepatitis C, have kidney problems, are allergic to sulfa (sulfonamide), have diabetes, have hemophilia, or have any other medical condition
- are pregnant (if you become pregnant while taking PREZCOBIX®), breastfeeding, or plan to become pregnant or breastfeed. It is unknown if PREZCOBIX® will harm your unborn baby.
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Some medicines interact with PREZCOBIX®. Keep a list of your medicines to show your healthcare provider and pharmacist. Do not start taking a new medicine without telling your healthcare provider.
What are the possible side effects of PREZCOBIX®?
PREZCOBIX® may cause serious side effects including:
- Diabetes and high blood sugar
- Changes in body fat can happen in people taking HIV-1 medications
- Immune system changes can happen in people who start HIV medications
- Increased bleeding can occur in people with hemophilia who are taking PREZCOBIX®
The most common side effects are:
- Stomach area (abdominal) pain
These are not all the possible side effects of PREZCOBIX®. Tell your healthcare provider if any side effect bothers you or does not go away. For more information, ask your healthcare provider.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA.
Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
You may also report side effects to Janssen Products, LP at 1-800-JANSSEN (1-800-526-7736).
Please read full Product Information