INTELENCE® Patient Support
Welcome to Janssen CarePath
Information you may need to help you get started and stay on track
Janssen CarePath is here to help answer your questions about treatment with INTELENCE®. Once you and your doctor have decided INTELENCE® is right for you, we will give you resources that may help you get started and stay on track. Create a Janssen CarePath account where you can: learn about your insurance coverage for INTELENCE®; if eligible, enroll in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program; and sign up for treatment reminders.
Paying for INTELENCE®
If you have commercial or private health insurance and need help paying for INTELENCE®, the Janssen CarePath Savings Program may be able to help. If you don’t have commercial or private health insurance, you may find help from the programs and resources found on the Janssen Prescription Assistance Web site. Learn more>>
Express Enrollment Site for Janssen CarePath Savings Program
Looking for a fast way to check your eligibility and enroll, if eligible, in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program for INTELENCE®? Click here.
My Janssen CarePath Account
Looking to do more than just enroll in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program? Register for your personal Janssen CarePath account at MyJanssenCarePath.com.
In addition to enrolling in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program, if eligible, you can learn about programs that may help you pay for your medication, and find other support resources.
Janssen CarePath can give you resources that may help you get started with INTELENCE®. Sign up or log in to your personal Janssen CarePath account at MyJanssenCarePath.com, so you can learn about your coverage, learn about programs that may help you pay for your medication, and find other support resources. Learn more>>
Already registered? Log In
- INTELENCE® is a prescription medicine that is used in combination with other antiretroviral medicines to treat human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) infection in adults and children 2 years of age and older, who have taken HIV-1 medicines in the past. HIV-1 is the virus that causes AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).
- INTELENCE® is not recommended for use in children less than 2 years of age.
INTELENCE® does not cure HIV infection or AIDS. You must stay on continuous HIV therapy to control your HIV infection and decrease HIV-related illnesses.
Ask your healthcare provider if INTELENCE® is right for you.
What are the possible side effects of INTELENCE®?
INTELENCE® can cause serious side effects including:
Severe skin rash and allergic reactions. Skin rash is a common side effect of INTELENCE®. The risk of getting a skin rash is higher in females. Rarely, rash can be severe and may lead to death. Severe skin rash with blisters or peeling skin, including the area around the mouth or eyes, may happen more frequently in children less than 18 years of age who take INTELENCE® in combination with other HIV-1 medicines than in adults. Call your healthcare provider right away if a rash develops; severe cases may
need to be treated in a hospital
If you get a rash with any of the following symptoms, stop taking INTELENCE® and call your healthcare provider right away:
- generally ill feeling
- extreme tiredness
- muscle or joint aches
- blisters or sores in mouth
- blisters or peeling of the skin
- redness or swelling of the eyes
- swelling of the mouth, lips, or face
- problems breathing
Sometimes allergic reactions can affect body organs, such as your liver. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms of liver problems:
- yellowing of your skin or whites of your eyes
- dark or tea-colored urine
- pale-colored stools (bowel movements)
- nausea or vomiting
- loss of appetite
- pain, aching, or tenderness on the right side of your stomach area
- Changes in your immune system can happen when you start taking HIV medicines. Your immune system may get stronger and begin to fight infections that have been hidden
- Changes in body fat can happen in people taking HIV-1 medicines. The cause and long-term health effects of this condition is not known
- The most common side effects of INTELENCE® in adults include rash as well as numbness, tingling or pain in the hands or feet
- The most common side effects of INTELENCE® in children include rash and diarrhea
This is not a complete list of all side effects. If you experience these or other symptoms, contact your healthcare provider right away.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking INTELENCE®?
Before taking INTELENCE®, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have liver problems, including hepatitis B or C
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Tell your healthcare provider if you become pregnant during treatment with INTELENCE®
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Do not breastfeed if you take INTELENCE®. INTELENCE® can pass to your baby in your breast milk. You should not breastfeed if you have HIV because of the risk of passing HIV to your baby
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
- Do not start a new medicine without telling your healthcare provider
You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please see the full Product Information in PDF format for more details.