Help Your Patients Start and Stay on UPTRAVI®
- Janssen CarePath Oral PAH Savings Program
- Janssen CarePath Resource Guide
- Patient Affordability Options
- Patient Authorization Form
- Patient Authorization Form (en español)
- Prior Authorization Tips
- Sample Letter of Appeal
- Sample Statement of Medical Necessity
- Steps to Getting Your Medicine
- Steps to Getting Your Medicine (en español)
- UPTRAVI® Dose Adjustment Phase Guide
- UPTRAVI® Prescription and Statement of Medical Necessity (PSMN)
- UPTRAVI® Prescription and Statement of Medical Necessity (PSMN)—For Veterans Affairs Patients Only
Help Your Patients Start and Stay on UPTRAVI®
Janssen CarePath gives your patients one-on-one support through our Care Coordinators. Our Care Coordinators will work closely with you and your patients to provide the support you direct and additional support that your patients may need.
Therapy Access Managers
Janssen Therapy Access Managers (TAMs) provide education and assistance throughout the payer approval and patient access processes to help your patients start and stay on their prescribed Janssen PAH therapy. You may engage with a Janssen TAM if there are questions about access and insurance coverage, insurance plan resources and processes, or patient support programs for Janssen PAH therapies.
The PAH Companion* Program
The PAH Companion Program provides one-on-one educational support to help patients start and stay on their prescribed Janssen PAH medication. A dedicated PAH Companion can share personalized resources to meet patients where they are in their treatment, whether they prefer to connect with a dedicated PAH Companion, manage their health with digital tools, or engage with others in the PAH community.
Patients currently enrolled in the program have appreciated:
- Education: Access to ongoing education on managing and living with PAH.
- Connection: One-on-one connection with a dedicated PAH Companion through email, phone, and/or text.
- Empowerment: A program built around their needs and daily life to help them take an active role in managing their PAH.
All communications and materials are also available in Spanish.
As part of the program, PAH Companions are ready to answer patients’ questions. Patients who have enrolled can talk to a PAH Companion by calling 866-300-1818, Monday–Friday, 8 AM to 9 PM ET.
*The PAH Companion Program is limited to education for patients about their Janssen therapy, its administration, and/or PAH. It is intended to supplement a patient's understanding of their therapy, and does not provide medical advice or replace a treatment plan from a patient's doctor, nurse, or healthcare team.
UPTRAVI® Specialty Pharmacy (SP) Titration Education Support Program (sponsored by Janssen)
After you, as the treating healthcare professional (HCP), have made the decision to prescribe UPTRAVI®, you may choose for your patient to receive nurse education support as they start therapy.
For patients to receive this service, you must check “yes” on the enrollment form to opt in to the nurse support and titration education program.
Within 48 hours of your patient’s receipt of their first UPTRAVI® shipment, an SP Nurse can have an interaction with your patient.
During these visits with your patient, the nurse can:
- Educate the patient on what to expect as they start therapy with UPTRAVI®
- Ensure the patient’s understanding of reaching their personal dose
- Educate the patient to help address potential misconceptions about UPTRAVI® dosing
- Provide the patient and/or their caregiver with recommendations on when to call their HCP
The information provided is educational in nature and not intended to provide medical advice, replace a treatment plan from the patient’s doctor or nurse, provide case management services, or serve as a reason to prescribe.
Patient Brochures and Guides
Patients often have many questions about getting started with a new medicine.
The following tools may be helpful for your patients who want to better understand the process:
Additional Support Resources
There are also independent patient advocacy organizations that may be able to offer support to your patients.
- The Pulmonary Hypertension Association is dedicated to increasing awareness and advocacy by providing information about PH to both physicians and patients.
- The Scleroderma Foundation offers a site for scleroderma patients, caregivers, and family members–dedicated to support, education, and research.
Call a Janssen CarePath Care Coordinator at 866-228-3546, Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET. Multilingual phone support available.
Sign up or log in to the PATHwatch® Portal where you can electronically complete the UPTRAVI® Prescription and Statement of Medical Necessity (PSMN). You can also set up alerts about pending actions and missing information, and view the status of patient shipments and prior authorizations.