Helping Patients Afford INTELENCE®
Support for Patients using Commercial or Private Insurance
Janssen CarePath Savings Program for INTELENCE®
The Janssen CarePath Savings Program may provide instant savings on your patients' out-of-pocket medication costs for INTELENCE®. Eligible patients will pay $0 each time they fill their prescription for a covered Janssen Therapeutics product, up to a $7,500 maximum program benefit per calendar year. Depending on their health insurance plan, savings may apply toward co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible. Eligible patients must use commercial or private health insurance that covers a portion of their medication costs for INTELENCE®. This program is not available to individuals who use any state or federal government subsidized healthcare program to cover a portion of medication costs, such as Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, Department of Defense, or Veterans Administration. There is no income requirement. Learn more about the Janssen CarePath Savings Program, including full eligibility requirements.
Two ways to help get your patients started:
If you only want to check your patients' eligibility and enroll them in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program for INTELENCE®, click here for the Express Enrollment Site. There is a "Print a Card" feature to provide the patient with a card.
In the Janssen CarePath Provider Portal, you can enroll your eligible patients in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program, print a card, review your patients' available benefits, view patient transactions, and receive timely alerts and program updates. You can also request and review benefits investigations, and request prior authorization or appeals support.
Already registered? Log In
Patients can also create their own Janssen CarePath Account where they can enroll in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program, learn about their insurance coverage for INTELENCE®, and sign up for personalized treatment reminders. Encourage your patient to sign up today at MyJanssenCarePath.com.
If your patient's pharmacy is unable to process their Savings Card, your patient can complete, sign and return the rebate form, with the required proof of purchase, to receive a rebate check from the Janssen CarePath Savings Program. Click here to get the rebate form for your patient. Your patient can also request a rebate online in their Janssen CarePath Account.
Support for Patients Using Government Insurance or Patients without Insurance Coverage
Janssen CarePath can provide information about other resources that may be able to help your patients with their out-of-pocket medication costs, including State-Sponsored Programs, Medicare Savings Program, Medicare Part D Extra Help — Low-Income Subsidy, and independent foundations*. Call Janssen CarePath at 877-CarePath (877-227-3728) to speak with a Care Coordinator about affordability programs that may be available.
Janssen Prescription Assistance for INTELENCE®
JanssenPrescriptionAssistance.com provides information on affordability programs and up-to-date information about independent foundations* that may have funding available to help you with medication costs for INTELENCE®.
Questions? Call a Janssen CarePath Care Coordinator at 877-CarePath (877-227-3728).
*Independent co-pay assistance foundations have their own rules for eligibility. We have no control over these independent foundations and can only refer your patients to a foundation that supports their disease state. We do not endorse any particular foundation.
Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation, Inc. (JJPAF) is an independent, non-profit organization that is committed to helping eligible patients without insurance coverage receive prescription products donated by Johnson & Johnson operating companies. To see if they might qualify for assistance, please have your patient contact a JJPAF program specialist at 1-800-652-6227 (9 AM to 6 PM ET) or visit the foundation Web site at www.JJPAF.org.
INTELENCE® (etravirine), in combination with other antiretroviral (ARV) agents, is indicated for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in ARV treatment-experienced adults and pediatric patients ages 2 years and older.
WARNINGS & PRECAUTIONS
Severe Skin and Hypersensitivity Reactions:
- Severe, potentially life-threatening, and fatal skin reactions have been reported in patients taking INTELENCE®. In clinical trials, these include cases of Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, and erythema multiforme.
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome was reported in 1.1% (2/177) of pediatric patients less than 18 years of age receiving INTELENCE® in combination with other HIV-1 ARV agents in an observational study.
- Hypersensitivity reactions including Drug Rash with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) have also been reported and were characterized by rash, constitutional findings, and sometimes organ dysfunction, including hepatic failure.
Discontinue INTELENCE® immediately if signs or symptoms of severe skin reactions or hypersensitivity reactions develop (including, but not limited to, severe rash or rash accompanied by fever, general malaise, fatigue, muscle or joint aches, blisters, oral lesions, conjunctivitis, facial edema, hepatitis, eosinophilia, or angioedema).
- Monitor clinical status including liver transaminases, and initiate appropriate therapy.
- Delay in stopping INTELENCE® treatment after the onset of severe rash may result in a life-threatening reaction.
Risk of Adverse Reactions or Loss of Virologic Response Due to Drug Interactions:
- The concomitant use of INTELENCE® and other drugs may result in potentially significant drug interactions, some of which may lead to the loss of therapeutic effect of INTELENCE® and possible development of resistance or possible clinically significant adverse reactions from greater exposures of INTELENCE® or concomitant drugs.
- Consult the full Prescribing Information for potential drug interactions prior to and during INTELENCE® therapy; review concomitant medications during INTELENCE® therapy.
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome has been reported in patients treated with ARV therapy, including INTELENCE®. Autoimmune disorders (such as Graves' disease, polymyositis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, and autoimmune hepatitis) have also been reported to occur in the setting of immune reconstitution; however, the time to onset is more variable and can occur many months after initiation of treatment.
- Fat Redistribution: Redistribution and/or accumulation of body fat have been observed in patients receiving ARV therapy. The causal relationship, mechanism, and long-term consequences of these events have not been established.
- The most common adverse drug reactions (≥2%) of at least moderate intensity (≥Grade 2) reported in adult patients taking INTELENCE® and that occurred at a higher rate compared with placebo were rash (10% vs 3%) and peripheral neuropathy (4% vs 2%). The most common adverse drug reactions in at least 2% of pediatric subjects were rash and diarrhea.
- Consult the full Prescribing Information for INTELENCE® for more information on significant drug interactions, including clinical comments.
- Etravirine is an inducer of CYP3A and inhibitor of CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and P‑glycoprotein (P-gp). Therefore, co‑administration of INTELENCE® and drugs that are substrates of CYP3A, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 or are transported by P-gp may alter the therapeutic effect or adverse reaction profile of the co‑administered drug(s).
USE IN SPECIFIC POPULATIONS
- Lactation: Breastfeeding is not recommended due to the potential for HIV-1 transmission. Patients should not breastfeed if they are receiving INTELENCE®.
- Hepatic Impairment: INTELENCE® should be used with caution in patients with severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class C) as pharmacokinetics of INTELENCE® have not been evaluated in these patients.
- Pediatric Use: In clinical trials, the safety, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy were comparable to that observed in adults except for rash (greater than or equal to Grade 2) which was observed more frequently in pediatric subjects. Postmarketing reports of Stevens-Johnson syndrome in pediatric patients receiving INTELENCE® have been reported (see Warnings & Precautions).
Please see full Prescribing Information for INTELENCE®.