INTELENCE® (etravirine) patient resources for your practice
Welcome to Janssen CarePath
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- Janssen CarePath is prepared to continue to provide resources to you – we are committed to business continuity.
- Janssen CarePath Provider Portal operations are expected to function normally.
- Savings Program electronic enrollment is recommended and is operating as normal.
- If your patients have lost insurance coverage, you may provide them with this resource or ask them to call Janssen CarePath.
- For more information about Johnson & Johnson's response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit jnj.com/coronavirus.
We can help make it simple for you to help your patients
Janssen CarePath is your one source for access, affordability, and treatment support for your patients.
Janssen CarePath helps verify insurance coverage for your patients, provides reimbursement information, helps find financial assistance options for eligible patients, and provides ongoing support to help patients start and stay on INTELENCE® that you prescribed.
What Janssen CarePath can do for you on behalf of your patients:
- Provide support with dedicated Care Coordinators for you and your patients
- Conduct benefits investigations and provide insurance coverage information
- Review and explain patients' insurance coverage and out-of-pocket cost for INTELENCE®
- Help identify financial assistance options for eligible patients
- Provide patient support resources
Express Enrollment Site for Janssen CarePath Savings Program
Looking for a fast way to check your patients' eligibility and enroll them in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program for INTELENCE®? Click here.
Janssen CarePath Provider Portal
Looking to do more than just enroll patients in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program? Register for the Janssen CarePath Provider Portal. Developed in collaboration with IBM Watson Health, the Provider Portal gives you 24-hour online access to not only enroll eligible, commercially insured patients in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program, but also to view their Savings Program transactions as directed by your patient, request and review benefits investigations, and request prior authorization or appeals support.
Already registered? Log In
Call a Janssen CarePath Care Coordinator at 877-CarePath (877-227-3728), Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET. Multilingual phone support available.
INTELENCE® is marketed by Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP
INTELENCE® (etravirine), in combination with other antiretroviral (ARV) agents, is indicated for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in ARV treatment-experienced adults and pediatric patients ages 2 years and older.
WARNINGS & PRECAUTIONS
Severe Skin and Hypersensitivity Reactions:
- Severe, potentially life-threatening, and fatal skin reactions have been reported in patients taking INTELENCE®. In clinical trials, these include cases of Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, and erythema multiforme.
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome was reported in 1.1% (2/177) of pediatric patients less than 18 years of age receiving INTELENCE® in combination with other HIV-1 ARV agents in an observational study.
- Hypersensitivity reactions including Drug Rash with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) have also been reported and were characterized by rash, constitutional findings, and sometimes organ dysfunction, including hepatic failure.
Discontinue INTELENCE® immediately if signs or symptoms of severe skin reactions or hypersensitivity reactions develop (including, but not limited to, severe rash or rash accompanied by fever, general malaise, fatigue, muscle or joint aches, blisters, oral lesions, conjunctivitis, facial edema, hepatitis, eosinophilia, or angioedema).
- Monitor clinical status including liver transaminases, and initiate appropriate therapy.
- Delay in stopping INTELENCE® treatment after the onset of severe rash may result in a life-threatening reaction.
Risk of Adverse Reactions or Loss of Virologic Response Due to Drug Interactions:
- The concomitant use of INTELENCE® and other drugs may result in potentially significant drug interactions, some of which may lead to the loss of therapeutic effect of INTELENCE® and possible development of resistance or possible clinically significant adverse reactions from greater exposures of INTELENCE® or concomitant drugs.
- Consult the full Prescribing Information for potential drug interactions prior to and during INTELENCE® therapy; review concomitant medications during INTELENCE® therapy.
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome has been reported in patients treated with ARV therapy, including INTELENCE®. Autoimmune disorders (such as Graves' disease, polymyositis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, and autoimmune hepatitis) have also been reported to occur in the setting of immune reconstitution; however, the time to onset is more variable and can occur many months after initiation of treatment.
- Fat Redistribution: Redistribution and/or accumulation of body fat have been observed in patients receiving ARV therapy. The causal relationship, mechanism, and long-term consequences of these events have not been established.
- The most common adverse drug reactions (≥2%) of at least moderate intensity (≥Grade 2) reported in adult patients taking INTELENCE® and that occurred at a higher rate compared with placebo were rash (10% vs 3%) and peripheral neuropathy (4% vs 2%). The most common adverse drug reactions in at least 2% of pediatric subjects were rash and diarrhea.
- Consult the full Prescribing Information for INTELENCE® for more information on significant drug interactions, including clinical comments.
- Etravirine is an inducer of CYP3A and inhibitor of CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and P‑glycoprotein (P-gp). Therefore, co‑administration of INTELENCE® and drugs that are substrates of CYP3A, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 or are transported by P-gp may alter the therapeutic effect or adverse reaction profile of the co‑administered drug(s).
USE IN SPECIFIC POPULATIONS
- Lactation: Breastfeeding is not recommended due to the potential for HIV-1 transmission. Patients should not breastfeed if they are receiving INTELENCE®.
- Hepatic Impairment: INTELENCE® should be used with caution in patients with severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class C) as pharmacokinetics of INTELENCE® have not been evaluated in these patients.
- Pediatric Use: In clinical trials, the safety, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy were comparable to that observed in adults except for rash (greater than or equal to Grade 2) which was observed more frequently in pediatric subjects. Postmarketing reports of Stevens-Johnson syndrome in pediatric patients receiving INTELENCE® have been reported (see Warnings & Precautions).
Please see full Prescribing Information for INTELENCE®.